Happy New Year & HELLO 2014! Pantone recently announced the 2014 color of the year is radiant orchid and wedding planners, designers, color enthusiasts, and fashion fans everywhere rejoiced. I just thought, alrighty, good for you, purple- you're finally getting your moment in the sun! I am all for being influenced by current events, interesting new artists, designers, films, and music. I just like to embrace trends pragmatically with the hopes that my clients pick elements that reflect themselves and even a few timeless pieces that will help them not to look back and wonder what they were thinking. Having said that, here are some things I HOPE become trendy & more present in 2014:
- Feast-style, long tablescapes:: I just envision pillar candles with rows of chairs on either side, surrounded by florals and vibrant conversation. Bonus points if there are market lights hanging above.
- Minimalistic wedding gowns and clean line embellishments:: I love a gorgeous ball gown, but I want to see more refined simplicity this year.
- Confetti at weddings:: It's a party.... bust out the confetti cannon (leave the tee-shirt cannon at home).
- Grooms in vibrant jackets:: Royal blue, emerald, whatever they like!
- Flowers in her hair, flowers everywhere:: Floral crowns forever and ever and ever. The end.
- Intimate restaurant receptions:: It may be the New York girl in me, but I adore the idea of a city hall ceremony followed by an intimate, candlelit restaurant reception with closest friends & family.